Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day One with the Droid

Problem #1 - The Android Incredible is not an I-Phone

Some may say this is exactly the beauty of the Droid -- it is a dazzling smart phone that exists outside the Steve Jobs/Apple Closed System Universe. However, for those of us who began with the I-Pod touch (i.e. the mobile gateway drug), it comes with a learning curve. For instance, the on button isn't located conveniently under the touch screen. The first few hours I had the Android I was convinced Fed-Ex delivered me a dud. Of course, that was before I read the directions :) The button I had been pushing was actually the "optical joystick" (not a day one task). When I final understood where the power button was I waited for my Apps to magically appear before me in nice neat rows. Instead, I found myself staring at the time displayed over a fiery red background. At this point, I believed that I would be taking back the phone and succumbing to the Steve Jobs' Way. Eventually, when I actually could focus on what the Android could do and discovered all the wonderful free apps, my evening turned around.

No comments:

Post a Comment